Old 30-03-2006, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Stephen Henning

Default Black Walnut Tree....What to do.....

wrote:

The value of black walnut trees seems to be an urban legend. In
actuality the market for urban trees seems to be very minimal...

Trees of superior quality are used as peeler logs and are worth
thousands. When used for fire wood, they charge you to cut down the
tree and then charge you to haul the wood away and then sell it. So
unless you find the right people, be prepared to pay for the job. I had
a couple walnut trees cut down by a guy that had a portable saw mill.
He did it for nothing. That was a big savings to me because everyone
else wanted to charge to cut them down.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman