Old 30-03-2006, 05:08 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Goldfish color.. questions...

"Charles" wrote in message

I donate mine either to the LFS feeder tub or the ponds at the local
water garden nursery, depending on their quality. Pretty ones go to
the nursery, plain ones to the LFS.

I have no problem selling or trading the pretty Shubunkins. It's the ugly
brown ones and short finned orange ones no one wants that go to the farm
stock ponds. Since I now have only Shubunkin goldfish, I no longer get the
short finned orange but still get the occasional ugly brown fish. Better
they are used for mosquito control than as feeders in the pet stores.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952