Old 30-03-2006, 05:18 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Goldfish color.. questions...

I don't know the answer for those of you who are overly successful in
breeding your fish but I don't think releasing them into the wild is the
right way.... Gill

I agree, ask permission at the very least. Supposedly there is some law on
the books (YMMV) that fish stores HAVE to take them. Here they will give
you store credit, so you might want to check into that before giving them
away.

It never fails I go up to the Demo Pond and there is some new (and often
ugly) goldfish added... or worst, someone has fished out the koi we put in
there as small fry, grew up to a foot, and someone takes them. That was
quite irritating, I even wrote a letter to the editor on that, and a kind
soul donated $150 towards the pond after she read it. Guess it was worth
the effort of writing, but we all would have liked to have our fish back.
Even though they weren't worth anything near $150. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a