Old 30-03-2006, 05:07 AM posted to triangle.gardens
?

Default Want to swap plants?

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:18:56 GMT in .net bud wrote:
Ann,
You're almost mean in what you say. I don't think anyone is mean hearted by
nature. She's only trying to open an opportunity here. I really in 3 or 4
years on this news group can say that there has been very much swapping of
plants going on. It's mostly a garden advice group.

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
m...

It's a culture clash.

The individual that started this thread is introducing a disruptive
and DISTRACTIVE technology for something where the technology holding
the thread was already suited for the task.

There are those, thanks to google and its content mangling policies,
that see this USENET as yet another blog and let us contaminate any
content with entirely too much distraction.

Then there are the folks like you that can't seem to grasp the concepts
like "Do not top post" "If you must top post, consider not quoting the
previous article at all."

I try not to be as much of an asshole about it as Burnore.

Anyhoo, here's the crux of the conflict this time.

A person thinks "Ooh great, I'll create yet another space to do commerce."[1]
That person may or may not actually have items of commerce.

Now my viewpoint is. Why the hell couldn't that person just say
"I have an overabundance of X. I'm looking to trade for some Y."
where X and Y are completely on topic to the newsgroup. Instead
this person burns time creating form instead of content and directs
us towards something that is more form than content.

Anyhoo, to be on topic. I have an over abudance of hot pepper
seedlings. They are from seeds from a thai style hot pepper
my granddad used to propagate, but it's appearing that there
are some sports due to interbreeding with a couple other
hot peppers last year.
I may end up with an overabudance of hosta seedlings.
Don't have anything specific I'm looking for right now,
but let me think about it :-).

[1] Sorry, just because monies are not exchanged does not nullify that it's
still commerce.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil