Old 30-03-2006, 06:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default Camellia prices at B and Q? and a bit more from the madgardener g

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from NC contains these words:

Janet Baraclough wrote:
If anyone is heading to B and Q's garden section , could you please
let me know what they're charging for their smallest-pot-size camellias
this spring? They don't have plant prices on their website.

Janet (Isle of Arran)

give your local B&Q a call ? Numbers are on the web via the store finder.

I have the number thanks, but have you ever tried asking a B and Q
garden dept staff anything face to face? I hate to think what it's like
trying to get a sensible answer over the phone :-)

Janet

it sounds like calling one of the box stores over here, (Lowes or Home
Depot) only if you called MY old Lowes in the garden center, and asked for
"Marilyn the Madgardener" (if I didn't run and pick up the outside phone)
I'd have not only looked up the price but probably told you how to get a 10%
discount! but camelia's didn't come last year because of the disease it was
carrying that was a concern for sudden oak death in the Pacific Northwest.
And a variegated one by the name of General Coletti, Rupert????? yer a cruel
man to mention it! Cruel I say! but today..........

ahhhhh today, I came home and discovered on my computer chair, that son had
placed a box from Bluestone Perennials that had arrived UPS and
inside........ahhhhhhh inside was mine and my garden buddy's Leptodermis
Oblonga, each one a good specimen of about seven or eight inches in good
black soil, good solid roots and tiny emerging leaves. Also inside the box
were two very healthy Hydrangea "Lemon Wave" that promise green, cream,
white and lime and so variegated, and big leafed, the flowers won't be
missed. And a Kolkwitzia "Pink Cloud" I got for a woman who runs Stanley's
Nursery in Knoxville, she didn't have one, and she's been kind to me, it
will be a good starter plant for her. It's the same size as mine was I got
from them a few years ago and it's awesome now. Give it three years and
she'll be taking cuttings from hers to share with others.

but a variegated Camellia? sigh...............I'll just have to remember
the full grown one I saw up in Suffolk, Virginia g

spring ramble will come soon........
madgardener up on the Springy ridge, back in fairy holler, overlooking
English Mountain with Douglas Lake almost risen to the tops of the red clay
banks now at it's feet, in Eastern Tennessee