Old 30-03-2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Robert

Default Black Walnut Tree....What to do.....

wrote in news:1143666784.679892.22400
@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

The value of black walnut trees seems to be an urban legend. In
actuality the market for urban trees seems to be very minimal...

I agree. I needed to remove a mature black walnut and had always heard
they were valuable. I called several lumber mills in the Washington DC
area and the best offer I heard was "I'd do it if you had a dozen; but one
tree isn't worth it for me." I ended up paying to have it done, but the
tree service gave me a discount for giving them the lumber.