Old 30-03-2006, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Cutting Daffodils

doobydoobydo wrote:
Hi
If I cut the daffodils growing in my garden for a vase, will it affect them
flowering next year.

No. It's the leaves that feed the bulb, so be careful not to take too
many of those from one bulb and don't mow them down, let them die back
naturally. From the pov of appearance only, some people with enough
space have a cutting garden, tucked away out of sight. Here, they grow
flowers in rows, rather like vegetables and cut them for the house but
without spoiling the appearance of the rest of their garden.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk