Old 30-03-2006, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Hosepipe ban and RHS

wrote:
[...]
Water Industry Act (para 76.) from link on the rhs site.

76.-(1) If a water undertaker [...]

A remarkably appropriate expression, if I may say so, Bernard. We civil
servants are here merely as humble pawns to do the bidding of Her
Majesty's Government: we are not empowered to point out in public that
we foresee that the proposed privatisation must needs, in the event,
prove an almighty cockup, but I fancy we may very occasionally be
permitted a touch of wry humour in the draft papers we prepare. I am
suggesting nothing, of course; but the Minister would perhaps not notice
the precise form of words if the document were by some mischance to be
placed at the bottom of his box.

--
Mike.