Old 31-03-2006, 01:24 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

Robert wrote in news:1143666784.679892.22400
@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

The value of black walnut trees seems to be an urban legend. In
actuality the market for urban trees seems to be very minimal...

I agree. I needed to remove a mature black walnut and had always heard
they were valuable. I called several lumber mills in the Washington DC
area and the best offer I heard was "I'd do it if you had a dozen; but one
tree isn't worth it for me." I ended up paying to have it done, but the
tree service gave me a discount for giving them the lumber.

if your black walnut tree is big enough it can go for veneer wood rather than for sawlogs. the tree would have to be at least 21 inches in diameter minimum. i would call your local forestry department and ask to speak to one of the foresters there and see if they can give u a number to call of someone that would have any idea as to the value of your tree and ask if they know anyone that would be willing to come and take your tree down if it is considered to be of veneer quality. if they dont know of anyone i sure would advertise in the paper or try and find someone to buy the tree on your own.
good luck. cyaaaaaa, sockiescat.