Old 30-03-2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Peat Moss (Help!)

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am putting a new garden in.
Yes I have humus but I do not have enough

Do you have a bagging attachment for your lawnmower? If yes, you can
gradually improve your soil by mulching with grass clippings. I know you're
supposed to leave those on the lawn, but they're also useful for adding
organic matter to the garden soil. Of course, if your soil is absolutely
hideous, some peat moss is a good idea. But typically, you'd add maybe an
inch or two of peat moss, till it in, and wait till later in the season to
add more.