Old 30-03-2006, 11:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
Mister Gardener

Default Color enhancing fish food

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:01:33 +0100, "BoyPete"
wrote:

Altum wrote:
San Diego Joe wrote:
Haven't been here for a while. Notice the din has died a tad.

Yeah, ain't it nice? It's a great community here and people have been
hanging in there and posting on relevant topics and when the
background noise begins, we just have to raise our voices a little to
be heard, but the important thing is that we keep the ponds topic
rolling and ignore the occasional bumps and dips we may run into. Just
roll right over them.

Why interfere with nature?? Sit and watch your fish, be they in a pond or a
tank. They are all individuals......learn to enjoy them the way nature
intended.

Point well taken. But I'm not certain that they are anywhere near the
way nature intended them since we began messing with their genes
thousands (?) of years ago. I wonder if some of the supplements we're
adding to colorific food is simply replacing something that may have
been present in their natural diet. Way back then, way far away. I'll
sit on the fence for this one - anything's better than injecting dyes
or applying tattoos. Well, most anything.

-- Mister Gardener