Old 14-03-2003, 12:57 AM

Default It's that time again: Zero turn mowers

Last year I looked into zero-turn mowers: Grasshopper and Exmark. In
the end, I was put off by the price: $7,000.

This year, I am getting the bug again. Someone recommended Dixon.
A decent Dixon model (4423) goes for about $3500 (is that about right,
or can it be haggled?), and I can get $2k on trade for my John Deere.
And they have a nice 6-months zero interest on the balance.

Anyone here have experience with the Dixons?
My lawn is about 2 acres, with about 50 trees.

They also make a 4500 "Estate" mower. Not sure if I would need that
or not.

Any advice is appreciated.