Old 31-03-2006, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy

Default crocosmia?

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

"H Ryder" wrote in message
There are hundreds of "things" growing in my garden. They are like thick
(say 1/2 inch average) single blades of grass with vertical slight ridges
on
them. When I pull them up there is a single brown bulb attached to the
end
of each. Could they be crocosmia?

Yes. Very nice in moderation.

I found that in sufficiently crowded conditions only a small percentage
flowered each year, so had a big thinning out session last year. This is
unlike
Nerines which seem to thrive when they're growing one on top of the other
with no soil to be seen!

Word of advice, do not try and compost the crocosmia bulbs, they are
indestructible and you will end up spreading them every where you put the
compost.

Andy.