Old 14-03-2003, 01:32 AM
TakeThisOut

Default Wheelbarrow

back in the late eighties, I bought a wheelbarrow with a very narrow
base between the back legs (14-15 inches). It was a bit tippy because
of this, but ideal for my extensive network of raised beds with narrow
paths between. The original seller (Agway) doesn't know where anything
like this can be found currently. Does anyone know where a product
like this might still be purchased?

I don't know about that, but have you considered a garden cart instead? I
bought one a couple of weeks ago, winter is still here and it's the best thing
i think I ever bought. It's like a glorified child's "Red Ryder" wagon (In
fact, that's what I used until last fall when a passerby laughed at the adult
pulling a red wagon along the sidewalk, and a few cars later a passing car
offered 30 bucks for the "vintage original wagon" rust included.

Now that I think back, maybe it was all an elaborate setup, however I bought
this garden cart for 49.99 at BJ's Wholesale (similar but smaller cart @ Home
Depot for a bit more) and it's fantastic for moving heavy objects, large
quantities of potted plants, flats or garden supplies. I doubt it would be too
useful for transporting soil or compost, but I'd definately recommend it for
piling 10 bags of cedar bark mulch from the car to the backyard.

..
..
..
..