Old 31-03-2006, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper

Default leather jackets

"Pete" wrote in message
The front lawn at home has been devastated by what we think is
leatherjackets.
Trouble is no garden centre seems to have the stuff to get rid of them.
Any thoughts on how to clear the lawn affected (its about 2 metres by 1
metre so quite small - neighbour similarly affected).
Thanks
Pete - Leicesterhire

Hi Pete the leatherjacket will do considerable damage whether the starling
feed on them or not as the leatherjacket eats the root system of your grass

There is a spray called crossfire which prvents the eggs from hatching and
is safe to other wildlife in your garden.
I suggest you visit your local groundsman or greenkeeper and ask if you can
buy some from them
a lawn that size u can apply it with a watering can
good luck