Old 31-03-2006, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Denny

Default Please ID These Crocus-like Flowers

Hi everyone: I live in Southern Ontario, Canada. In the summer of 2004
I had a new sidewalk put in front of the house - it faces south. In the
fall of 2004 I planted crocus bulbs along the edge of the sidewalk,
alternating bewteen yellow and blue.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/sidewalk1.jpg

They're now blooming for the 2nd season, and after a long winter, it
sure is nice to see them. A pity they don't last long.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/planted_crocuses.jpg

However, right in the middle of the lawn little flowers have
spontaneously sprung up that look like the blue crocuses I planted but
they're slightly different.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~deniswb/un...ed_flowers.jpg

Can someone please help me to ID these "unsolicited" flowers, and
suggest how they might have gotten there? I intend to be careful when
mowing. Many thanks in advance.

Denny