Old 31-03-2006, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default General question about light

Joe, it's the saucers you need to get rid of -- a plastic pot will hold
water much longer than will a clay pot, all else being equal. Saucers
should not be used with either one, outdoors [indoors, they can be a
necessary evil]. Kenni

"jtill" wrote in message
ups.com...
Interesting point as I have made sure to buy warm growing orchids as
the temp. in Houston area often is in the mid 90s for extended periods.
I often use a misting device to cool my plants as they are outside and
a fan would look crazy in my yard! There are so many little points to
this hobby it is a wonder we succed at all. Will try my hand at glueing
plastic containers to clay saucers.
10 footcandles, that is micro light indeed! Will have to give up
smoking in my yard! ;-)) I will also look up the light pattern of a HPS
1000 watt streetlight. Will let you know.
Joe T