Old 31-03-2006, 10:33 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phil Cav

Default Protein Skimmer

Whoa, I bet you have to pump a LOT of air or ozone to create foam in fresh
water.

"Altum" wrote in message
m...
Roy wrote:
Protein skimmers do not work worth a flip on fresh water.......There
are other methods your able to employ to remove proteins out of the
water, other than a typical fractionator or protein skimmer....

I thought you could use a skimmer in FW with ozone. Never tried, though.
Here's an ozonater and skimmer for koi ponds.
http://www.koicarp.net/filtration/pr..._skimmers.html

This article says that if there's enough protein that waterfalls foam a
bit, you can skim.
http://www.koimag.co.uk/featureRead.asp?ID=2049

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com