Old 31-03-2006, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default Slightly OT Frogspawn

"Lynda Thornton" wrote in message
: Hello
:
: I was given a small container full of frogspawn by my little boy's
: nursery as they had loads spare from their pond and we have a barrel
: type pond in our garden. I wasn't sure how deep it was OK for frogspawn
: to be? When I tipped it in, although I was careful, it did sink quite a
: way down, the barrel is about 18" deep and the same diameter and the
: spawn is quite visible but several inches below the surface, will it be
: OK?
:
: Also, when/if tadpoles appear will they need feeding and what's best?
:
: Thanks for any advice - from an anxious frogspawn carer!

I had a similar query and am following this advice
http://www.beautifulbritain.co.uk/ht.../pond_faq2.htm