Old 01-04-2006, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper

Default Greenhouse - Asking neighbour

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message . com
from "htmark98" contains these words:

Hi a neighbour at the bottom of my garden (not my street next one over)
has a greenhouse and it's all full of dead stuff and really needs
sorting out. Now i wanna go over and ask them do they use it and want
to get rid of it. Now would you find this cheeky if someone done this
to you, i dont know them nor never even seen them (lived here 2 years).

Advice please!!

You won't know unless you ask. If it's some busy, elderly or infirm
person they might be very glad. of someone to tidy up the garden or mow
the lawn, so think of some fair swap to offer in return.

I think the best approach is by a note through the door in the first
instance. Include your full name address and phone number. It gives them
chance to think over your proposition without being put on the spot face
to face; and also to check out your credentials in the neighbourhood.
Then follow it up with a knock on the door to introduce yourself.

Janet

are u Delia Smith in disguise