Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,soc.culture.china

Default ID on bottled fruit

http://www.box.net/public/static/490zvq1gf6.jpg
The berries' name is: hawthorn berries. Read about on the above link.

These are not hawthorn berries, which are tiny in comparison. The
fruit in the bottle I illustrated is the size of an olive or an acorn.

The four Chinese characters on the label says "ben tong san ja"
translate into "rock sugar san ja". As I said before, "san ja" is
hawthorn berry. The can contains peeled hawthorn berries on rock sugar
syrup. After the hawthorn berries are peeled, the berries absorb the
syrup and expanded into bigger size.