Old 01-04-2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Pete

Default Lighting for One Phal.

I have looked at several posts regarding lighting, and I still
haven't been able to come up with a satisfactory answer to my
problem.

I have one phalaenopsis and the best window I have is north-facing. The
window receives a little light but not nearly enough, so I need to
provide supplemental lighting. I have read varying opinions about
florescent and "plant lights" that Phillips, and the like, makes
and cannot decide what I need to get for my situation. I have limited
space. I was thinking about buying a compact florescent desk lamp. Will
this do the job? Or, will the bulb-style plant light be better. I would
assume that the plant light would get fairly warm since it is a bulb.
Any help is appreciated.

--Pete