Old 01-04-2006, 06:08 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Brent Harsh

Default Poor showing of tulips

Nosmo King wrote:

Last fall I planted ~100 tulip bulbs of various types in different locations
around the yard. About half have emerged. About a third of those have
produced a flower. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Do tulips take a year
to get established ? I've also heard that the poor results may have been due
to mild winter. I'm wondering if I just got a bunch of duds.

I've planted tulips and daffodils down here. Skip the tulips, only the daffodils come back.

I don't know if it's the warm climate or the animals or the soil, but my results have been similar to yours.

--
Brent Harsh - KD4PBO /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Say
bharsh at ncroadrunner \ / NO to HTML in email and news.