Old 02-04-2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster

Default Good Digging Fork

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 03:58:37 GMT, Dwight wrote:
We need to replace a fork with bent teeth.

Home Depot sells a "Bronco" for $20.00, but I have always found that
spending more money on a good tool is worthwhile.

Are there ways to tell about the quality of the steel?

Look for "forged steel head".

Have you recommendations for good tools?

I prefer D-handled fiberglas for the body, forged steel head, with
a metal strap high up onto the handle from the head. If you can find them,
diamond back tines are useful for strength. Rolled steel forks are
for light use only.

Kay