Old 03-04-2006, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Bruce Musgrove

Default Timming advice

http://home.comcast.net/~bruce.musgrove/All-roses.jpg

Need a little help trimming the McCartney on the left. This was taken A
couple of months ago, and it has since grown about a foot taller (close to 7
feet) and dense enough you can't see through it. I am waffling between
carefully trimming it (paying special attention to the center and crossing
branches and just taking a shrub trimmer and whacking it off at about 3
feet high, and then clearing the center.

Admittedly, part of my waffling is it has a zillion buds on it and it is so
pretty when it blooms! If it was tall and leggy like the queen Elizabeth,
the answer would be obvious...

Opinions' are welcome. I am sure I could just whack and watch it come back.
It is a prolific grower.