Old 02-04-2006, 09:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default What Are You Feeding & Where are You Buying Your Koi Food This Season?

"JB" wrote in message
link.net...
I visited a couple of web sites pricing food for this season (Aqua Mart for
Hakari Staple & Western Pond for Sho Koi) and noticed a jump in prices.

The hobbyist pond owners are ripped off annually. Look at all the companies
getting on the bandwagon for a piece of the pie. I feed my outdoor koi and
goldfish a mix of trout chow, catfish chow (about $12 per 50lb bag) and
puppy and kitten chow. Check out my website to see how they're thriving and
breeding like crazy! Don't believe those who say you have to feed them tons
of the cheaper food to come near the overpriced products. That isn't true
at all. My filters don't need cleaning any more than when I was paying
outrageous prices for their food.

Between the two, Western Pond was offering 10 lbs of Sho Koi for $56.98,
including shipping costs. This seems about $7.00 higher than last year.

Head to your nearest Farm & Home store such as Tractor Supply and buy
there......

What are you feeding? And, where are you buying it?

--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952