Old 02-04-2006, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default seeking hyacinth bulbs

sherm wrote:
t&m has made it clear they have no intention of selling these bulbs this
year in the usa they are going to only sell in the uk and then it isn't
going to be sold even there again until 2010. it doesn't even seem if
they are going to wholesale even in the uk due to the limited numbers.
i was hoping that i could find someone who would be purchasing and have
them resell. if you are only reselling and no propogating was involved
i would see no issue over patent or rights?

snip

I didn't mean to indicate that there would be an issue over PBR but
that they will, certainly be looking to sell these bulbs in USA because
it's a huge market. However, if they are NOT for sale there, there is
no way you can get hold of them without buying them from T&M and paying
for a phytosanitary certificate, even if they're willing to cooperate,
which seems unlikely.
If you're suggesting that someone in UK should sell some directly to
you in USA you are surely contravening all sorts of laws your country
has about the importation of plant material and involving someone else
in doing so, surely? I think you may just have to possess your soul in
patience!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk