Old 02-04-2006, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Compost heap

Having just scarified our lawn I have a large amount of moss to dispose
of! I have saved some for the hanging baskets - Are there any other
uses for the moss in the garden or is it OK to put on the compost heap?

Put it in one of those peanut bags and hang it up for the birds.
They'll love it for nest lining.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

what a good idea, I wasted a fair bit of time this afternoon watching
several jackdaws,they were sitting on my old pony picking out lumps of
hair and flying off to line their nests. It does not bother her as she
is shedding her winter coat indeed she seems to quite like it. We often
find old nests with her hair inside :-)

kate