Old 03-04-2006, 07:44 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default Only got 1 watermelon from my vine!?

In article , "Dave Turner" wrote:

Actually there was also a second melon that was growing - it got to
approximately the size of a lawn bowls ball, but it looked very dried up and
a bit shrivelled, whereas the other melon grew perfectly so im not sure what
the deal is with that - not enough water maybe? although I water every
Monday and Friday (my two sprinkler nights)

I think it's the vegetable equivalent of a miscarriage -- perhaps it was not
fertilised.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue