Old 03-04-2006, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian Watson

Default Roots everywhere!

"chestergardener" wrote in
message ...

Just moved house and inherited a well established garden with many
shrubs and trees. I keep coming accross lots of roots whilst digging
holes for planting. The roots do seem to be everywhere and especially
by fences and walls on which I would like to plants climbers etc. How
do I get around these as I have not managed to plant a lot up to now!

Unless you want to risk the roots re-shooting, and chances are they are at
least plants in the wrong place if not what are generally called weeds, I'm
afraid you HAVE to dig 'em all out.

Plan B: is douse the area in some sort of weedkiller that suits your
longer-term plans.

I strongly suggest you adopt the first option.

--
Brian