Old 14-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Robbin

Default Hope for a Barkess Tree ?

Could it be a sycamore?

"Hank Hill" wrote in message
I think it's some kind of Ash. Big, broad, shiny green leaves- sawtooth
edged. Sort of grey bark. I've noticed that it leafs later than many other
trees in this area. We have really crappy soil- lots of clay. Got another
tree like it close to the house- stout trunk, but not all that tall. I

never
paid them much mind, before this.

"Robbin" wrote in message
There are trees that normally shed portions of their bark. Can you

describe
this tree. Maybe someone can identify it.

"Hank Hill" wrote in message
I have a tree that has shed portions of it's bark- lower limbs,

mostly,
and
some on the trunk. I don't think the tree can live long like that. Of
course, it could be a lot tougher than I give it credit for- it's a

hardy
survivor of many harsh winters, bark or not. Is there something on the
market which will seal raw wood, until the tree can heal/form new

bark?
Thanks