Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
DavidM

Default bare root lilies

CanadianPonderŠ wrote:
I just wanted a review on doing this. I believe Derek had some good
points on the advantages of planting lilies bare root.

Some of my questions are :

How do you fertilize ?
What type of fertilizer to use ?
How do you keep them in place ?

Thanks !

I've not got the answers, but thought I might add some questions:

My lilies have been producing their new shoots for about two weeks, they
are only 1" long at present. Would it be OK to remove all the soil and
go bare-root now? UK spring has just about sprung where I am in East Anglia.

How does the plant root in the wild, is it into the pond bed, or as a
mat on the surface?

Could the plant be weighted in a garden pond and allowed to grow
straight on the liner?

cheers
DavidM