Old 03-04-2006, 04:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Michael Keefe

Default My awful lawn

On 4/3/06 6:49 AM, in article , "gary
foster" spewed forth this
gibberish...

My father in law says the best thing to do is throw bucket loads of
sharp sand over the top so I have a good covering and then rotovate the
entire thing, roll flat, rake, roll flat, level off and re-seed.
Does this sound like the best course of action to you guys??

I've got the same type of lawn and my plans are to run a core aerator (pulls
little plugs out and makes holes) all over it then seed.. The problem with
our type of soil is that when you mow the lawn, you're back to where you
started as far a the perc value of the ground.