Old 03-04-2006, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Compost heap

snip

sale! They return the favours by eating a lot of bugs we don't want
around, so it's a happily symbiotic relationship. What never ceases to
amaze and enchant me is how unfrightened so many of the birds are.
They build nests very close to paths where literally thousands of
people pass over a season or right outside the kitchen window, which is
opened and shut several times a day and they zoom in and out of
greenhouses as if people just weren't there. One of the best things
about it is seeing the delight of small children at being at close
quarters with them.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Last year we had a robin build its nest in a riding hat hanging on the
back of a door :-)

kate

Gloucestershire

p.s. I have just seen the first swallow, Hoooray