Old 03-04-2006, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

Default Bright pink leafed Acer

On 3 Apr 2006 05:47:15 -0700
"Sacha" wrote:

Can anyone tell me the name of an Acer whose leaves are a very bright
pink? Apparently there used to be one at the Garden House but it has
since been removed. I don't recall seeing it myself, so it might have
been some time ago.

Hi Sacha,

Do you mean a tree? A. pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum'
is probably the best known, pretty widely seen. Gorgeous pink
slowly goes light green in summer. Not a very large tree.
'Prinz Handjery' is similar but with a darker under-leaf, and
a bit more vigorous. I'm trying to get hold of a good specimen
of the latter, which reputedly burns less easily.

If you mean A. palmatum, there are at least several possibilities...

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom