Old 03-04-2006, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Wasps

Owen wrote:
Can you help me? This is not really a gardening problem but.......
It is only spring but I have already found 4 wasps in the house, and
been stung by one already. Why am I finding so many? I'm surprised to
have a nest already.

Owen

They are probably from last year's nest - the sun has warmed them up enough
to take flight but they've been 'tricked' as it's not quite warm enough for
them to go about their normal buisness, hence them being pi$$ed off when you
go near them.
Take a look in your loft, inside wall vents and anywhere else where you
think they may have got a foothold last year and destroy the nest, better
still get the council to do it, they have a type of powder that isn't
available to the public.