Old 03-04-2006, 09:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Q- day lily bulbs

"Suma" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I'm new to gardening .. my husband and I are first time homeowners
since last fall.(Northern Virginia)
I planted a some 40 - 50 lily bulbs last weekend in 2 rows on either
side of the walkway becoz, the bag said to plant them 18" apart .. but
now I read online that they should be planted in bunches ? for a good
visual ..
Will my lillies look scanty ? Will they flower this year ? shoudl I buy
some more bulbs and plant them close the ones I already planted ?

Clearly I'm very confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Suma

Assuming you really mean "bulbs", then they're not daylillies
(Hemerocallis). What kind of lillies do you really have?