Old 03-04-2006, 11:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

Default Jewel Orchids

I've grown Ludisia discolor for a number of years. If it were any easier it
would be a weed. I've grown it in sphagnum, seedling bark mix, phal mix, and
peat/perlite mix. It blooms like clockwork every year around March here in
the greenhouse, earlier in the house. Any piece will root and grow. Macodes
petola I've had for a shorter time but it seems to like it more in sphagnum
than the other mixes. I haven't tried either in S/H.
Gary

"Kye" wrote in message
u...
I grow a few of the assorted species...

Are there any that you have in mnind specifically???

Kye.

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just wondering if I should try my hand at these. Are any of you RGO
folk working with jewel orchids? What do you like? Are they difficult?
Can I use SemiHydro on these plants?
Joe T