Old 03-04-2006, 11:55 PM posted to rec.ponds
Altum

Default What were your Sunday Pond chores?

~ janj wrote:
I'm about to go catch the 4 fantail goldfish out of the lily pond so the
lady frogs can have their nursery back. Already mowed the lawn for the
first time, youngest son helping get the flower beds cleaned up and such.
How about you? ~ jan

1. Cursed at the leaky barrel I thought I patched Saturday. First I
fixed a leaky spillway, fixed it and refilled. It still leaked. I let
it drain and found a hole in the liner at the waterline. (I managed to
snip a hole in it as I was trimming plants.) I patched that, refilled,
and it's still leaking. *grumble* I think I'm just going to reline the
dratted thing.
2. Dug up a volunteer taro from the garden and planted it as a marginal.
3. Raised the pickerel weed pot in the hopes that it will grow better
with the waterline right at the base of the plant rather than submerged.

I still have to repot the dwarf papyrus and grasses and siphon
accumulated debris from the second barrel.

--
Put the word aquaria in the subject to reply.
Did you read the FAQ? http://faq.thekrib.com