Old 03-04-2006, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
WAYNEL

Default Pine trees keep dying

Hi

I have (or had) five pine trees (and another 20 as a fence). Two years
ago one of the pine tree's leaves started to go brown and then 6months
later was completly dead (it was around apx 10-12 years old), I then
chopped it down. Then last year the one next to it did the same thing
and yet again it is dead. I have two others next to it but, touch wood
(forgive the pun), they are OK.
An additional fact is that squirals have nexted in them, but squirrals
have been around for years as I live backed on to a park.

The tree up to and at the point of dying look ok. Bark was find not
signs of mold/fungus. However, after one did hugh amounts of scary
looking mushrooms grew.

Can anyone suggest what may be causing this?

WayneL