Old 03-04-2006, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default calla lilies

"JFM" wrote in message
oups.com...
I planted some calla lilies in a pot in my conservatory a few weeks ago
along with a whole bunch of other summer flowering bulbs.

Everything else was sprouting apart from the calla lilies. I removed
the soil covering them and it appeared that I'd planted them upside
down. The roots seem to be appearing from the top, although there also
seems to be a shoot (or a thick root) appearing from the top too.

The bottom of the bulb shows no evidence of ever having sprouted
anything so I am wondering whether they are up the right way or not?

There should be 'knobbly' bits - that the 'up' side :~)
Jenny