Old 04-04-2006, 07:33 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default What were your Sunday Pond chores?

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:06:07 -0400, "Gareee©" wrote:
Well, no tSunday, but Monday.. we had a hellacious storm with hail, and a
deluge of water overnight. It overflowed the gutters, and water ran down
into the pond, filling it with mud, and mulch. When I got up, the pond was
mud colored, and literally covered with floating mulch. I scooped all the
mulch out with a net, but since it started raining again, I left the murky
water for another day.

Bummer Gary, sorry to hear that! ( Only pond work I got done today was
to add my 2nd dose of Koizyme. Rain, rain, and more rain. Luckily no
runoff. I didn't get the koizyme added till 11pm (when I remembered) walked
out and it was super foggy. I was not expecting that.

K30 & I did go and see the new fancy green house & gift store one of the
local nurseries put in, fancy! Take a look: www.beaverbark.com and click on
Phase II. It has a pond inside. Unfortunately some of the prices are out of
wack, imo. I did find my garden row cover, corsian mint & a plant called
Grecian Pattern Plant to try. They had the coolest life size gator. What a
statement that would make on someone door step, perhaps a sign that says no
solicitors? ;o) ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a