Old 04-04-2006, 03:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Steveo

Default My awful lawn

gary foster wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to this computer stuff as well as to
gardening. The extent of my gardening knowledge runs to mowing the
lawn. Yup that's it i'm afraid.
So I need some advice. Under my patchy uneven rough looking lawn there
seems to be nothing but a very sticky gloopy clay like earth that
doesn't like to drain and it loves to have the water sit on it all
winter long until the sun arrives to evaporate it.
I want to sort it out this year but I'm not sure where to start.
My father in law says the best thing to do is throw bucket loads of
sharp sand over the top so I have a good covering and then rotovate the
entire thing, roll flat, rake, roll flat, level off and re-seed.
Does this sound like the best course of action to you guys??

How many square feet is it, Gary?