Old 04-04-2006, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default Lighting for One Phal.

One of the benefits of sphagnum moss is that it is easier to tell when the
Phal needs watering (at least for me it is), since one can just touch the
top surface of the moss, and water when it is dry. Bark just seems dry all
the time to me, and I never did get the hang of figuring out by weight of
the pot or the other methods, so I just water the plants in bark when I
suspect they might possibly need watering without much feedback from them,
whereas the ones in moss I know I am watering when they need it.

Joanna

"UKOrchidFan" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry to intrude on this post, but I am interested in the spragnum moss
mentioned? I have two Phal's and wondered what the benefit of using
spragnum moss is?

Thanks