Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jonny

Default Landscaper woes

Late last spring, I ended up doing the lawn myself. Had topsoil brought in,
spread it out myself. Had the St. Augustine sod brought in, spread it out
myself.
Planted a couple of pecan trees where additional shading is needed. Thinned
out the junipers, and cleaned up the live oaks.
Needed a wheelbarrow, a shovel, a bow rake, a pick, a chainsaw, a pruning
saw, and lots of sweat.
Dropped non-burning fertilizer on grass this late February. Starting to
look good.
Bermuda grass (Sahara version) works well in without much watering. There's
some that survived in the road base/gravel driveway from last summer. Grows
on most any soil. It won't go away either.
Live west of Wimberley.
--
Jonny
"Kathleen" wrote in message
I have a client in Wimberley who just used "Sagebrush" out of Austin and
did
an *awesome* job. This company was referred by one of the fancy shops in
town and also by our realtor (client and I had the same realtor).
With hope and heart,
Kathleen
--
Great minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss events

I have been trying to get quotes on some basic landscaping work for the
better part of 1 month now. I was able to contact 4 "companies", and
here
are the results thus far (keep in mind I am simply trying to get some
estimates for the work):

#1 - Showed up on time to review my yard and take measurements; Sounds
promising; Estimate received 1 week later than expected and it was jammed
into my front door; Estimate is hand written and tough to read as far as
the work to be done and the price of each work item
#2 - Showed up on time to review my yard; No measurements taken even

though
he said he was going to take measurements; No estimate was ever received
#3 - No show despite several phone calls received from company stating

that
they would arrive at a certain time
#4 - Spoke with over the phone and I allowed them access to my yard so

they
could review what I was talking about; Received a call back in which I
was
told that it was "too much work" to do

Anyways, I live in Round Rock and I would love to hear from anybody who

can
recommend a landscaping company. I am kind of baffled at the lack of
customer service I have seen thus far.