Old 04-04-2006, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Bright pink leafed Acer

Rupert wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
oups.com...

Emery Davis wrote:
On 3 Apr 2006 10:09:50 -0700
"Sacha" wrote:

snip Unfortunately, all I got from the customer was that it had
"very bright
pink leaves, almost shocking pink". I wondered about Acer campestre
Carnival but can't find a pic of that.

Could well be Brilliantissimum, it's really pink pink.

Carnival has variegated green/white/pink, but most plants
have less pink. Here's some pics:

http://www.esveld.nl/htmldiaen/a/acccar.htm

Could it be A. negundo 'Flamingo' maybe? That's more common
than Carnival, and some plants show very pink indeed on
young growth. The pink goes mostly white as the leaves
age though.

I'll keep the pic of Carnival and find one of Flamingo. Rod and Emery,
thank you both for your help with this. I think Brilliantissimum must
be the one, having found it on Google images. I'll print that off and
if this chap comes in again any time soon, I can show it to him. And
*what* a stunning tree/shrub/plant/asset!
--

If you decide it is Brilliantissimum-then here is a chap who might tell you
a bit mo-)

How funny - I didn't know about that at all!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk