Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Plenum filters

~ janj wrote:

To control algae in ponds, is to know the cycle. Usually (but depends on
fish load) ponds will be green the first year, have string algae the
2nd, by the 3rd they are balanced and get less string algae and so on as
they mature. This depends on fish load, chemicals added, UV, etc. a case
of YMMV. My success has been to keep the fish load down, plant load high
and have a large filter. I don't not use UV. ~ jan

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:46:34 GMT, Altum wrote:

OMG. I feel like I just contacted the psychic hotline. Last year, I
had green water and then only fuzz. This year, it's string algae. Got
any stock tips you'd like to share? ;-)

If only, I'd have my koi house in no time. 1985 buy microsoft? A bit
late.... 1995 buy Starbucks? ;-) Who is the next big "thing"? ~ jan

High temperature Superconductors. You heard it here...
--
derek