Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Jewel Orchids

jtill wrote:
Well, I dropped by Palmers Orchids today in Pasadena and Mrs Palmer
rummaged around in her clippings and picked up a Ludisia rizome and
gave it to me. So, we'll see if it will root and off we go! ;-))
Joe T

that's how i got mine; a local nursery had gone thru theirs in hanging
baskets and pruned; i looked all soulful and asked if i could have a
cutting. the nursery lady relented and let me have one. i started it
in water until it started a couple roots, then potted it in a 4 inch
pot in a mix of peat, soil, long fibre sphag and bark. it's in a north
window and just getting started on growing again for this season
(probably too cold up against the window, but that's the way life is.)

--j_a