Old 05-04-2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Help for an orchid novice

Hi Jane. I have an orchid that looks alot like yours. It has several
flowers and a 'kiekie' (baby). Yours looks like a Phalaenopsis or Phal.
to me. They sometimes put on a baby plant on end of their spikes (not
stem). Heres a orchid site: crystal-company.com/care.html
The only thing it doesn't mention is not to let the water stand in the
over flow tray-that's death to an orchid. I use rain water and yes
fertilize maybe once a month and your orchid will love it. Good
luck........Burr