Old 05-04-2006, 11:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Tom Randy

Default Help for an orchid novice

On 2006-04-04 20:22:37 -0400, said:

My husband bought me a gorgeous orchid plant for Valentine's Day. I'm
not sure what type it is. You can see it he

http://home.comcast.net/~jbcamel/temp/long.jpg

It is a single plant with two long stems covered with flowers. In fact
it has not lost a single flower since he gave it to me and has grown at
least four or five new ones. It also has several new buds. Most of
the buds are at the end of the stems but a couple are in the middle.

Hi Jane,
What you have is a Phalaenopsis orchid. Sometimes called a phal for
short. Do a google search on it and you'll have enough info to read for
many days!

You seem to be doing the right things so far.